Regardless of the industry, if you depend on a work vehicle to haul and store tools and equipment, you need a system that works for you. Not only do you need to keep tools and equipment undamaged during transport, but you also need to find what you’re looking for quickly when on the job. Expensive equipment and toolboxes also need to be protected from theft; and heavy equipment needs to be stored so that it’s easy to load and unload without wasting time or causing injury.
For over 30 years, Extendobed has made it our business to construct custom-made truck and work van bed extensions for every industry, from law enforcement to pest control. With a 1,000- to 3,000-pound load limit, these units are custom built with everything from multi-storage containers and chemical storage to ladder racks and full-extension pull-out trays. These extended bed units are built with heavy-duty materials to safely and securely transport a large number of tools and heavy equipment, while keeping everything organized and easy to load and unload.
Extendobed’s Contractor Caddy is a contractor’s dream. With a tool rack, removable lumber rack, and full extension pull-out tray and drawer, this customizable slideout bed can be made to fit the needs of any type of contractor. Safely and securely haul tools and larger equipment, while keeping them organized and free of damage during transport. Even heavy equipment like generators, compressors, or welders can be mounted on the sliding deck for easy access. Additionally, the Contractor Caddy is easy to access and unload at the site. For example:
- Concrete finishers can safely and securely stow larger tools, such as portable mixers and wheelbarrows, making them easier to load and unload without injury. Smaller tools, including shovels, buckets, and floats, can also be organized along with these larger tools for safe transport without damage or spilling.
- Framers can safely store their toolboxes to avoid theft, while storing lumber in a separate, pull-out tray that prevents it from falling or shifting during transport and makes it easy to unload.
- Drywallers can transport sheets of drywall securely in the full-extension pull-out tray, making them easy to remove without damage to the drywall, your back, knees, or shins while unloading.
- Tile setters can transport hundreds of feet of tile while still having room for heavy bags of mortar and tools — all of which can be organized and secured in separate compartments for damage-free delivery to the site.
- Painters can keep extension ladders and poles secure and organized in a separate compartment from messy brushes and other paint tools. They also have quick access to air compressors with sliding storage trays.
- Roofers can secure ladders and their nail guns and compressors in the caddy instead of on the roof or in the bed of the vehicle, deterring theft and making them easily accessible while working.
In surveying work, sophisticated and expensive equipment such as GPS and terrestrial scanners are used frequently. Not to mention the fact that surveyors spend a lot of time on the road in rugged environments of all sorts — from frozen landscapes to wet jungles. Add to this the need for surveyors to make efficient use of daylight hours; making time-management a crucial part of their job. All of this can make the transport of surveying equipment a challenge.
Extendobed’s Kennewick Surveyor and Carbon County Surveyor were built specifically for storing and transporting surveyor tools so that they are protected from damage. With separate storage compartments for tools (including a separate tripod storage area in the Kennewick), and a full-extension drawer and fold-down gates, tools are well-organized and easy to find — and grab fast — when on-site. Expensive surveying tools are also protected from weather and theft with multi-level compartments and heavy-duty caging.
PEST CONTROL PROBLEM-SOLVERS
Many are the tools of trade when it comes to pest control. In a day’s time, you can encounter everything from termites to scorpions — in other words, you need to be prepared for anything, which means stowing insecticides, traps, sprayers, bug steamers, foggers, hose reels and all other tools on your truck. With hauling such an array of tools comes the need for proper storage to prevent chemicals from spilling and larger equipment from injuring your back when unloading. The easy access to and storage of equipment gets you from one job site to the next quickly so you can do more jobs in a day.
Extendobed’s Pesticide Unit includes a chemical fill tank and locking chemical storage drawer, pressure regulation, hose reels, and a ladder rack. Everything you need in a day’s work is available to you in an extended storage bed custom made for pest control professionals. Also available in aluminum, the Pesticide Unit keeps chemicals stored safely and hoses neatly rolled to prevent kinks and ensure they are ready to go when needed.
EXTENDOBED HAS THE ANSWERS
Whatever the industry, Extendobed can design a custom mobile storage solution built for it. Not only do Extendobed’s products keep work tools and equipment safe and organized, they also help professionals save time and stay efficient during their workday.
To learn how a custom Extendobed solution can meet your specific needs, email us at: email@example.com.